Information & Referral Centre
Friendly, multilingual staff provide accurate, up-to-date information and referral to various programs and services in the community to meet clients’ specific needs. NIC is a walk-in centre offering comprehensive information including but not limited to employment, licensing, credential evaluation, language training, housing, health services, legal issues, government programs, citizenship and immigration, and various social, community and recreational services.
Off-site and in-house Information Sessions and presentations on settlement. These sessions provide an opportunity to learn, share and discuss your career development and settlement progress. Registration is required by phone, e-mail or in person:
- Starting Your Life in Canada
- Immigration & Sponsorship
- Continuing Education
- Canadian Citizenship
- Know Your Rights at Work
- Financial Literacy
- Canadian Tax System
- Identity Theft
- Banking for Newcomers in Canada
Commissioner of Oaths Services
Commissioner of Oaths Services are available by appointment at all NIC locations to take affidavits, declarations, oaths, attest/certify true copies of original documents
NIC is reaching out to the community even further by providing its services from community partners’ locations:
- Brampton & Mississauga Libraries
- Places of Worship
- Community Centres
Providing access to printed resources, telephone, computers, fax, printer, scanners and Internet
firstname.lastname@example.org is a unique service, responding to national & international queries assisting in the orientation and preparedness for immigrants to Canada. All responses to inquiries are sent in 2 business days.
In partnership with settlement agencies, NIC provides direct settlement services to eligible clients in need of additional settlement support. Clients can meet with settlement workers at each NIC location to receive assistance with the following:
- Form-filling assistance for government documents and benefits including applications for: OHIP, SIN, CCTB, GST/HST Credit, driver's licence.
- Help with renewing a permanent resident card, preparing for a citizenship test and applying for Canadian citizenship
For more information and to book an appointment, contact one of our centres.
Information and Referral Service via Skype:
- Do you have a quick question about settlement but are unable to visit us in person?
- Are you looking for settlement information but you live far away from our Newcomer Centres?
- Do you have access to a computer with skype?
Call us Monday to Friday 2:00pm - 4:00pm at email@example.com
Care for Newcomer Children (CNC) is available, free of cost at selected locations. Our CNC program ensures the care for your children (6 months of age or over) while you access our on-site services.